In the series: Blender Print-a-Piece 1-11
Cloud’s Wild Rainbow
Using the face element and extrusion tool to Bend light to our will. Further exploring our abilities and using the bevel tool to add in some nice curves.
For this lesson we’re going to practice extruding and beveling. Extruding lets us extend a piece of geometry to reach further than it currently does. We’re going to extrude the top of the rainbow to reach the other cloud in the red section of the lesson.
- Right click to select the rainbow object and press Tab to enter edit mode.
- Right click to select the top face of the rainbow
- Press E to use the extrude tool
- Move the mouse to adjust height of the extrusion
- Left click to confirm placement or Right click to cancel (repeat from step 3 if canceling is required)
- Press R and then Y this way we only rotate the face along one axis
- Then repeat from step 3 to reach the other rainbow
Beveling edges can smooth out the edges of our objects. To use the tool first select an edge then press Ctrl + B. When you move the mouse the edge will split and the two new edges will move further apart. If you spin the Mouse Wheel more edges will aparear between the original two smoothing out the curve between them.
- Connect the two clouds through a rainbow
- Thank you Kerusu on SoundCloud for sharing this great track!
Share your Feedback!
Could you please spare some time to fill out our survey? This will allow us to better understand the types of content you are interested in so we can create more resources like this in the future.