What is GreenWorks?
GreenWorks is Pinnguaq’s digital skill development and employer program for businesses and individuals in the natural resources sector, or focused on natural resources related work.
The program offers a combination of wage support (up to $30,000) and training for employers, and internships and training for young Canadians. This program is funded by the Green Jobs Initiative, in partnership with the Department of Natural Resources.
For Job Seekers – Employment Opportunities & Skills Development
- Digital skills training to launch or advance your career in the natural resources sector
- Paid job placements, to help you gain skills and experience.
- Between the ages of 15-30
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or person who has been granted refugee status
For Employers – Wage Support & Training
- up to $24,000 in wage support and training, or up to $30,000 in wage support and training for interns who are Indigenous Youth, Youth living with a disability, and Northern and Remote Youth
- Own a business in the Natural Resources sector
- Have the capacity to host an intern in a green job for up to a year
Wage support covers up to 75% of wages, benefits and mandatory employer costs for youth interns. Approved training may also be supported at 100%. Total support for wages and training can be up to $30,000 per intern based on program criteria.