The Mission Ocean: Ocean Conservation series explores concepts affecting oceans and marine life, like plastic pollution, overfishing, and environmental DNA research. This series encourages everyone to think about the impact of their actions on our waterways and how to make environmentally-friendly choices to do their part for ocean conservation. Each video promotes an understanding of some of the critical threats to our oceans and how modern-day methods and technologies are helping save our oceans today and protect our planet’s future.
- Episode 1: Plastic Pollution
- In the first episode of this ocean conservation series, we delve deeper into the serious threat and effects of plastic pollution on marine life, as well as the efforts being made to combat this issue, and that are contributing to a healthier planet overall.
- Episode 2: Overfishing
- In the second episode of this ocean conservation series, you’ll discover the concept and threat of overfishing: Why it’s a threat, how it’s done, and what modern solutions are helping to combat this ocean danger.
- Episode 3: Noise Pollution
- In the third episode of this ocean conservation series, learn about a not-so-popular kind of ocean pollutant – Noise. You’ll see how it’s caused, and what surprising thing happens when the noise switches off.
- Episode 4: eDNA
- In the fourth and final episode of the Mission Ocean series, we discover what Environmental DNA (eDNA) is, and how it’s being currently utilized for ocean conservation efforts.