Reports to: Director of Delivery
Manages: Makerspace support staff
Location: Pangnirtung, NU
Pay: Starting salary of $90,000 (Additional allowances available based on multilingual (Inuktitut/English/French) depending on experience)
Term: Full-time, Contract (March 31st, 2021 with possibility of extension)
Closing Date: October 30th 2020, or until filled
The Delivery Department
The Delivery division is responsible for the Pinnguaq Association’s in field delivery staff. This division is responsible for delivering high quality learning experiences to our community members. Our Delivery teams are the public face of the Pinnguaq Association and the ambassadors of the work we do.
What Does Success Looks Like In This Role
- Pinnguaq Association is synonymous with S.T.E.A.M education in Pangnirtung, Nunavut
- The Pinnguaq Association has and is actively creating future mentors for Pangnirtung by successfully graduating learners through the Pinnguaq Lifecycle.
- We develop unique local partnerships and build our community of educators and learners in Pangnirtung.
- The Makerspace is a beacon and a staple in the community for S.T.E.A.M education and partnerships with school and community are strong.
- We develop unique local partnerships and build our community of educators and learners.
- The Pinnguaq Association has and is actively creating future mentors for our communities by successfully graduating learners through the Pinnguaq Lifecycle.
- Pinnguaq learners are becoming Pinnguaq leaders.
- Manage the daily operational requirements of the office.
- General administrative duties, including replying to emails and attending regular meetings.
- Work with the Director of Delivery in the preparation and management of the Makerspace programming and budgets.
- Assume overall responsibility for the effective operation of all programs and services.
- Responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction to staff regarding performance standards and goals.
- Monitor staff attendance and performance.
- Address client complaints in a prompt and diligent manner if required.
- Provide back-up support to the Director of Delivery as required.
- Lead and assist with research, planning, and teaching of Makerspace programming.
- Lead the development, acquisition, and maintenance of S.T.E.A.M resources and materials.
- Maintain a positive safe space for participants.
- Provide mentorship through the sharing of knowledge, digital expertise, technological proficiency and creativity with participants.
- Ensure programs and services are client centred and in alignment with our mission and values.
- Support delivery operations including but not limited to set up and clean up of the program materials and equipment.
- Develop, implement and continually refine evaluation tools and methods to measure client outcomes and effectiveness of programs.
Strategic Development Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a plan for the space.
- Develop and implement an afterschool program.
- Maintain current knowledge of trends, initiatives and best practices of Makerspaces. Assess trends, initiatives and best practices and support their integration in the Pinnguaq’s programs as appropriate.
- Participate in learning opportunities to use modern technology and teaching practises.
- Network with local community initiatives to exchange information, through public speaking, providing in-service training, attending conferences and symposiums.
Attributes and Qualifications
Equal consideration will be given to equivalent education and experiences of candidates.
- Experience in program development, program management and delivery in a learning context
- Experience and/or training in delivering instruction to a variety of learners
- Post-secondary degree or non-academic equivalent, preferably in the field of Education and/or Technology
- Experience strategically developing, maintaining and enhancing stakeholder relationships
- Working knowledge of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math) Programming
- Strong proficiency in Inuktitut is preferred
- Must be able to provide a clear criminal record check with vulnerable sector screening
- Current First Aid and CPR training (or willingness to obtain)
Pinnguaq Association is strongly committed to fostering diversity within the communities we serve. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Pinnguaq Association is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
APPLY to email@example.com