Job Title: Junior Finance Administrator
Reports to: Director, Finance
Location: Lindsay, Ontario – Hybrid
Starting Salary: $40,000/year; benefits after 3 months
Full Time: 37.5 hrs/week
Term: Full-Time/Contract (to March 31st 2023), with possibility for extension.
Closing Date: September 3rd, 2021
Be part of the innovative future of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) learning and digital skills training by joining our team. Working alongside rural, remote, Indigenous and other communities, Pinnguaq supports the development of STEAM skills through innovative technology, art, and play.
The Finance Division
We are a growing Finance team with the rest of the organization and we are tasked with the goal of providing timely financial data and reports to help the organization make informed decisions in a fast-paced environment. As a member of the Finance team, you will be working with professionals who are comfortable with making financial decisions, delivering high-quality financial reporting and budgeting for organizational use. Pinnguaq provides an environment for you to thrive and succeed, joining the team will give you an enabling environment to grow your career.
At Pinnguaq, we seek great minds who continually strive for professional excellence. We believe in people who work as a team, dynamic and dependable. If this sounds like you and your desire to take your career to the next level in our friendly environment, apply today.
What does success look like at Pinnguaq?
- Engaging with thousands of young learners and adults across the country through the delivery of community-centred workshops.
- Designing and deploying interactive experiences, online learning modules, and maker kits to teach STEAM fundamentals to all ages.
- Publishing the nationally-recognized Root & STEM magazine, create a space to explore diverse voices and stories in STEAM.
- Operating makerspaces in Nunavut & Ontario providing hands-on access to tools, equipment, and training for inquisitive minds and makers.
What does success look like in the Finance Division?
- All transactions are entered with 100% accuracy
- All internal and external reporting is completed in a timely manner, exceeding the expectations of funders, auditors and other parties
- Every account is reconciled to the penny
- Budgets and projections are constantly adjusted in real time as circumstances warrant
- Control procedures are observed 100% of the time and improved as necessary
- A highly functioning team that does excellent work and has fun working together
- Assist in keeping financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems (esp. Quickbooks online)
- Create and use custom spreadsheets – Google Sheets (or Excel)
- Process account payable invoices, reconcile accounts, prepare trial balance of books, maintain general ledgers
- Calculate and prepare cheque requisitions for payroll, utility, tax and other bills
- Complete and submit tax remittance forms and other government documents
- Support the Finance department by completing administrative tasks
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Attributes
- Completion of post-secondary education in Business, Accounting or Finance preferred
- A minimum of one years’ accounting or finance experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- A Vulnerable Sector Search (VSS) will be a condition of the employment offer.
Skills and Abilities:
- Solid working knowledge of Google Sheets or Excel
- Solid working knowledge of Quickbooks Online or similar accounting program
- Superior skills in working with numbers, detail orientated
- Ability to complete work in a timely manner with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with all individuals with integrity and empathy
Pinnguaq Association is strongly committed to fostering diversity within the communities we serve. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities, persons’ with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Pinnguaq Association is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
APPLY TO: email@example.com