Job Title: Grant Writer
Reports to: Director: Wholistic Growth and Partnership
Location: Remote Available. Preference to applications in Kawartha Lakes, Ontario or Nunavut
Salary: $60,000 (Ontario) annually or $90,000 (Nunavut)
Be part of the innovative future of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) learning and digital skills training by joining our team. Working alongside rural, remote, Indigenous and other communities, Pinnguaq supports the development of STEAM skills through innovative technology, art, and play.
The Development Department
The Development Department is responsible for the long term viability of the organization by evaluating the impact of our current initiatives and fundraising for future directions. The Development Department leads Pinnguaq fund development and partnership strategies, and is also responsible for fostering a culture of data driven decision making throughout the organization with a focus on evaluating our impact. The Development Department touches on all aspects of the Pinnguaq lifecycle (Education, Resources, Mentorship, Employment, Production, Advocacy).
What does success at Pinnguaq looks like?
- We know what has the biggest impact for our communities and have sustainable and diverse funding to ensure that work continues
- Overdeliver for our supporters and funders with timely reporting and effective storytelling. Work in tandem with Operations to ensure we capture those stories.
- The Pinnguaq Association is financially sustainable across diverse funding sources.
- The Pinnguaq Association is developing a consistent set of high impact project initiatives based on our mission, vision and goals.
- We build and implement strong project proposals to support multi-year funding goals to keep Pinnguaq Association competitive
As a member of our Development team, you will prepare compelling, accurate and customized project proposals to support new and diverse funding opportunities.
Success In This Position Looks Like
- The Grant Writer is an expert in identifying, qualifying and producing proposals for grant opportunities from either northern or southern government funders.
- The Pinnguaq Association has opened up new avenues of support to growth core Pinnguaq life cycle initiatives.
- The organization has developed and maintained strong partnerships with relevant organizations across the region.
- Projects and opportunities are growing the organization’s direction and sustainability.
- Grant writing and fundraising as part of the Wholistic Growth & Partnership division and in partnership with the Delivery/Operations team to respond to grants through federal, provincial, and municipal channels.
- Conduct prospect research and qualify opportunities to continuously feed the funding pipeline. Priority opportunities include government grants, corporate donors, community associations and charities.
- Persuasively communicate the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders using existing content as well as developing new material as needed.
- Take the lead to coordinate requirements with contributors in a respectful manner and track proposal status for the duration of the grant opportunity.
- Gather/create proposal information by identifying sources of information including case for support, project descriptions, identifying and communicating risks, outlining objectives and evaluation outcomes, providing deliverables, implementation timelines, methods of delivery, staffing expertise, budget templates, and standards of administrative performance. All content should align strongly with grant initiatives.
- Assemble supplemental letters, executive summaries, full proposals, budgets, and presentations.
- Manage inquiries with funders/donors, attend bidder conferences, and research information from external and internal sources.
- Maintain quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining and contributing to databases.
- Establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with funder contacts and program officers, as well as community contacts.
Attributes and Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Education or a related field and 5 years proven experience writing and responding to complex, high-value government grants
- A deep understanding of government strategies, portals, application formats, and requirements.
- Ability to interpret instructions and write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals through advanced writing skills and a strong ability to transform concepts into written solutions.
- Detail oriented with a keen eye to extract proposal requirements to ensure accurate and successful submissions.
- Work as a collaborative and flexible team player, capable of working in a dynamic internal team environment and with collaborative community partnerships.
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills.
- Self starter, with an ability to work independently and remotely to manage timelines.
- Strong initiative and communication skills to move projects forward.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and/or change priorities as needed to respond to a fast paced environment and meet rigid deadlines.
- Preferred experience working with Hubspot and Donor Perfect CRMs.
- Experience within rural, remote and Indigenous communities in Canada is an asset.
- Fundraising experience within a not for profit, charity or social enterprise setting is an asset.
- Experience in S.T.E.A.M is an asset.
- Ability to speak and write in English, French and/or Inuktitut is an asset.
Pinnguaq Association is strongly committed to fostering diversity within the communities we serve. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Pinnguaq Association is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
APPLY TO: email@example.com