Division: Computers for Success Nunavut
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Location: Iqaluit, NU
Starting Date: Immediately
Contract Term: To March 31st, 2022 with possibility of extension
Be part of the innovative future of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) learning and digital skills training by joining our team. Working alongside rural, remote, Indigenous and other communities, Pinnguaq supports the development of STEAM skills through innovative technology, art, and play.
As part of our team, the CFS Lead will continue support of the CFSN program into the future in Nunavut by working to eliminate e-Waste in Nunavut communities through a robust refurbishment program. This program will facilitate the intake of existing computers in Nunavut from local businesses and governments. It will lead refurbishment of those computers in territory and then deliver those computers across the territory to needed parties, in line with the CFSN mission statement.
What does success look like at Pinnguaq?
- Engaging with thousands of young learners and adults across the country through the delivery of community-centred workshops
- Designing and deploying interactive experiences, online learning modules, and maker kits to teach STEAM fundamentals to all ages
- Publishing the nationally-recognized Root & STEM magazine, create a space to explore diverse voices and stories in STEAM
- Operating makerspaces in Nunavut & Ontario providing hands-on access to tools, equipment, and training for inquisitive minds and makers
Attributes and Qualifications
Equal consideration will be given to non-academic skills and experiences of candidates.
- Post-secondary education, or equivalent experiences in computer fields, including but not limited to Trades and Technology programs from the Nunavut Arctic College, or equivalent programs;
- Work experience in STEAM (particularly computer repair, refurbishment or IT support);
- Experience strategically developing, maintaining and enhancing stakeholder relationships;
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects, deadlines, and priorities;
- Experience in management of a staff, training and development of employees;
- Fluency in Inuktitut preferred, but not required;
- Able to provide a Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- Facilitate the intake of computers from government and business across Nunavut to the refurbishment of those computers in territory and the distribution to needed programs across the territory;
- Build relationships in the community to get donated computers in;
- Maintain functional refurbishment program that eliminates e-Waste in the territory and allows for distribution of refurbished computers across Nunavut;
- Lead Interns and support staff are trained on how to refurbish computers, run the CFS program and eliminate e-Waste across Nunavut;
- Track computer donation, refurbishment and distribution statistics for reporting purposes.
- Continue to develop and improve upon a refurbishment Methodology and strategy to build capacity in Iqaluit;
- Support core distribution for Pinnguaq Association delivery teams;
- Develop and maintain relationships in the communities across Nunavut for the purpose of acquiring computers and distributing computers for this program.
Pinnguaq Association is strongly committed to fostering diversity within the communities we serve. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Pinnguaq Association is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
APPLY TO email@example.com