Location: Iqaluit, NU
Hours Per Week: 5 – 10
Starting Salary: $20/hour
Term: Until March 31, 2021 (with possibility for extension)
Reports to: Manager – Computers for Success Nunavut
Closing Date: Posted until filled
Computers for Success Nunavut (CFSN) is a program that works to obtain donations of computers, refurbish them, and distribute them to users throughout the territory. CFSN is seeking 1-2 employees to work out of the head office in Iqaluit, NU, to assist in the preparation of computers for distribution.
While familiarity with computer systems is an asset, the most important attribute in a candidate will be an enthusiasm for technology and an openness to learning on the job.
Work hours for this position are flexible and can be adapted to the successful candidate’s school schedule.
Due to the funding restrictions of this position, eligible candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be between the ages of 15 and 30 (inclusive) at the start of employment
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a person who has been granted refugee status in Canada
What Does Success Look Like
- Computer hardware is appraised, refurbished and shipped to individuals and organizations in Nunavut communities
- In line with client requests, software is installed on computers and tested for functionality
- The successful candidate is able to gain work experience and familiarity with computer hardware and software
- Installing and configuring computer hardware and software
- Troubleshooting and repairing hardware and software issues
- Carrying out the physical repair of hardware
- Organizing devices, components and materials
- Preparing devices for shipment/delivery (boxing, labelling, shipping/delivering)
Attributes & Qualifications
- Interest in computer systems and computer hardware
- Professional attitude
- Ability to be on time and respect scheduled shifts
- Familiarity with the Windows operating systems. Knowledge of OSX, iOS, Linux and Android a plus
Pinnguaq Association is strongly committed to fostering diversity within the communities we serve. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Pinnguaq Association is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
APPLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
or in person at Bldg 1412, Iqaluit, NU