The delivery team are a staff of Digital Stewards who facilitate Pinnguaq’s digital skills workshops, camps, and classroom visits. With a diverse range of training and expertise, the delivery team is able to foster a conducive learning environment for students.
Through the various teaching settings, the delivery team scaffolds students to develop and build digital skills in areas such as:
- Coding, through an introductory coding program called Scratch
- Digital art, using GraphicsGale to teach pixel art
- Krita to paint concept art and 2D assets
- MagicaVoxel for 3D modelling and to build 3D art
- Digital storytelling, through Scratch or Twine
All are tools for creating stories and games. Although not an exhaustive list of the programs the team uses, these highlight some of the learning themes that we invite communities to explore.
The delivery team has had the opportunity to visit and work with communities across Nunavut, Nunavik, and various First Nations and locations in the Treaty 20 area. Current efforts are being made to build new relationships in British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Alberta, and Saskatchewan.