Reports to: Director of Production
Manages: Marketing and Communications Team (1 Staff at Present)
Pay Band: B- Starting Wage $57,500
Location: Lindsay, ON (or remote)
Marketing Division: The division of Marketing and Outreach is a small group contained within the Production Division of Pinnguaq. Good storytelling of our past and present will be the catalyst for future development in the organization. Marketing and outreach will be the catalyst for the connection points between where we have been and where we are going. This division will ensure the Pinnguaq story is told.
What does success look like?
- Pinnguaq is known as a leader of S.T.E.A.M education in rural and remote communities across Canada.
- Pinnguaq’s accomplishments are celebrated and shared, and no success goes unreported.
- The story of Pinnguaq is known both within the company and without.
- Pinnguaq initiatives are oversubscribed as a direct result of the promotion of those events.
- The Marketing Division knows every initiative coming, every success we’ve had and is in constant communication with all aspects of the company to prepare promotion and celebration of those key points well in advance.
- The Pinnguaq lifecycle is known and successes are celebrated.
- Diverse and underrepresented voices and leaders are elevated as a direct result of Pinnguaq activity.
- A long term marketing strategy is in place and being executed to the benefit of all Pinnguaq initiatives.
- The Pinnguaq audience continues to grow both online and offline
- Develop and implement a long term marketing/communications strategy in support of the organization’s strategic priorities for the organization as a whole.
- Development and implementation of a long term marketing/communications strategy in support of the Pinnguaq Makerspace program.
- Development of a series of supports to decrease siloing between divisions and projects and unify Pinnguaq initiatives under a common marketing direction.
- Business and public sector outreach, networking and relationship-building.
- Oversee brand management to ensure quality assurance, consistent messaging and voice across all platforms for all Pinnguaq connected companies and initiatives.
- Coordinate a team creating original and engaging communications materials including press releases, statements, articles, website and social media content, newsletters and other promotional materials.
- Provide leadership in the promotion of Pinnguaq’s mission and vision.
- Building relationships with key media contacts and stakeholders to identify opportunities to present stories through digital and print media outlets.
- Coordinating Pinnguaq’s participation in events including conferences and speaking engagements and capturing via videography/photography.
- Discover and coordinate new digital marketing opportunities and make continuous improvements to existing digital marketing workflows.
- Training supervision and growth of the Marketing team to create a high performing division.
- In collaboration with the Productions division, guide development of products based on existing, or newly created resources that both inform and market the work the organization does.
- Lead a ‘Pinnguaq 24/7’ strategy to promote mentors and opportunities for our communities that are available from Pinnguaq. This will include live streaming video (through Twitch or Youtube) and other digital led initiatives that allow access to resources, mentors and productions at any time.
- A university degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations or equivalent is preferred but not required.
- 5+ years experience in a communications or marketing role.
- Previous experience in brand management, content development, media relations, digital marketing, engagement and outreach.
- Knowledge, or experience in Northern, rural and remote communities is an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Skills and Abilities
- Written and oral communications skills.
- Proficiency in social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram), website management platforms (WordPress, SquareSpace), analytics (Google/Social).
- Outstanding organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills
- Project-management skills including managing production, experience executing communications and marketing initiatives
- Bilingual (Inuktitut, Anishinaabemowin, Cree and/or French as a second language would be beneficial)
- People management skills as the successful candidate will manage a small team.
Apply to email@example.com and please include a cover letter, resume, and the job title in the subject line.
Pinnguaq Association is strongly committed to fostering diversity within the communities we serve. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities, persons’ with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Pinnguaq Association is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.