Reports to: Director, Finance
Location: Lindsay, ON; Remote work options available
Salary: 62,500 annually
Term: Contract; March 31st, 2022
Closing Date: August 28, 2021 @ 5PM EST.
Be part of the innovative future of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) learning and digital skills training by joining our team. Working alongside rural, remote, Indigenous and other communities, Pinnguaq supports the development of STEAM skills through innovative technology, art, and play.
What does success look like at Pinnguaq?
- Engaging with thousands of young learners and adults across the country through the delivery of community-centred workshops
- Designing and deploying interactive experiences, online learning modules, and maker kits to teach STEAM fundamentals to all ages
- Publishing the nationally-recognized Root & STEM magazine, create a space to explore diverse voices and stories in STEAM
- Operating makerspaces in Nunavut & Ontario providing hands-on access to tools, equipment, and training for inquisitive minds and makers
As a member of the Finance team you will be working with professionals who are comfortable with making financial decisions, delivering high quality financial reporting and budgeting for organizational use. Pinnguaq provides an environment for you to thrive and succeed, joining the team will give you an enabling environment to grow your career.
- Prepare financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using cloud-based accounting software and programs
- Post journal entries and reconcile accounts, prepare trial balance of books, maintain general ledgers and prepare financial statements
- Calculate and prepare cheque requisitions for payrolls and for utility, tax and other bills
- Complete and submit tax remittance forms, workers’ compensation forms, pension contribution forms and other government documents
- Assist with the audit process
- Assist with grant and project reporting
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual statistical, financial and accounting reports.
- Provide mentorship to Junior Finance staff
- Assist, along with other Pinnguaq employees, in general office duties
- Other duties as assigned
Attributes and Qualifications:
Equal consideration will be given to non-academic skills and experiences of candidates.
- Completion of post-secondary education in Business, Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of three years’ accounting or finance experience, in a non-profit organisation is an asset
- Completion, or in progress of completing a related professional designation (CPA or ACCA) is an asset
- Solid working knowledge of Google Sheets or Excel
- Solid working knowledge of Quickbooks Online or similar accounting systems
- Ability to complete work in a timely manner with accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
Pinnguaq Association is strongly committed to fostering diversity within the communities we serve. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities, persons’ with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Pinnguaq Association is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
APPLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org