Term: until March 2021 (with possibility of extension)
Location: Lindsay, ON (remote work available)
Reports to: Lead Designer
Department: Productions – Design
Starting Salary: $45k
Closing Date: October 19th 2020
The Productions Department
The Productions Department is responsible for the design, development, and delivery of websites, apps, games, videos, as well as non-digital interfaces. Requirements for productions projects come from both internal staff and projects, as well as externally funded project partnerships.
Production is a key part of the Pinnguaq lifecycle (Education, Resources, Mentorship, Employment, Production, Advocacy). It includes three sections: Design, Development, and Marketing. As part of the Operations Division, Productions also works alongside Education and Delivery, ensuring that the products that we design and develop meet the educational needs of our audiences and can be utilised by our teams in the delivery of those products to communities we work with.
Pinnguaq is introducing a new Social Enterprise Model option to the Productions process. Where possible we work with the audiences of a specific product during the planning and design stages. This introduces an educational component to the development of our products, ensuring that our end audiences are involved in the design and development process, gaining invaluable skills and experience along the way.
What Does Success Look Like For This Role
- Interactive activities and experiences compliment existing and new Pinnguaq modules
- Well thought out, engaging and fun user experiences
- E-Learning creations add positive benefits to the modules that compliment their core learnings and increase learning outcomes
- E-Learning experiences from Pinnguaq take into consideration and adapt to the reality of our community’s broadband reality
- Liaise with the Production and Curriculum Teams to develop innovative and engaging interactive activities and e‐learning solutions, to increase cognitive understanding, through engaging interactives for courseware development
- Design outlines, scripts and storyboards to develop interactive activities
- Proficient skills using curriculum design tools such as Articulate 360, Storyline and Rise
- Take part in Agile Scrum/Kanban sprint work, completing tasks and user stories, using Jira or a similar tool to create and document work through ticketing
- Input graphics, sounds, and effects into interactives
- Composing of and animation of video, illustrations, and motion graphics
- Analyzing all deliverable work products for quality and correcting issues prior to delivery
- Optimize and implement content for the website and LMS including graphics, database animation and other media files
- Integrate interactives and media into WordPress and LearnDash
- Input of content into the website and LMS as required, ensuring SEO standards are met
- Ensure that new designs are accessible to AA standards
- Familiar with SCORM guidelines
- Perform other duties as needed
- Post secondary degree or diploma in Interactive Design and Animation
- Minimum 3 years experience in the design and development of interactive UI, particularly using Articulate Storyline
Skills and Abilities
- Experience with Articulate 360, particularly Storyline and Rise
- Experience in animation of 2D illustrations and other multimedia
- Experience of digital content administration
- Experience of Search Engine Optimization
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload, manage time efficiently, iterate, and work in a team environment
- Experience with full software development life cycle
- Strong communication skills and a high attention to detail
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively in a team environment.
Pinnguaq Association is strongly committed to fostering diversity within the communities we serve. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Pinnguaq Association is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
APPLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org