Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Lindsay, ON (Remote work available)
Starting Salary: $44,500/year; benefits
Term: Until March 2021 (with possibility of extension)
Closing Date: November 2nd, 2020
The Pinnguaq Association is seeking an Executive Assistant (EA) to work closely with the Chief Executive Officer in providing secretarial and administrative support, such as coordinating meetings, taking notes, managing calendars, and communicating on behalf of the CEO, among other tasks. The EA enhances the effectiveness of the C-Suite and is a talented multi-tasker, highly resourceful, technologically savvy, professional, and demonstrates a keen sense of attention to detail and initiative.
The Executive Assistant serves as a key member of the team working in sync with the Chief Executive Officer, acting on behalf of the CEO in key moments. It is a position exposed to all aspects of the business and as a result, requires an enhanced level of confidentiality and maturity.
What Does Success Look Like
- Communication across all departments from the Chief Executive Officer is consistent and supported by informational backgrounders and task documents
- All meetings, through their minutes, are documented and searchable
- The Executive Assistant has the confidence of the CEO in responding to emails, attending meetings and standing in for the CEO when needed.
- Maintaining the CEO’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel
- Monitoring the CEO’s voicemail, email, and social media
- Ensuring that the CEO is resourced with appropriate supplies, documents, and information, as required
- Diarizes and prompts the CEO on upcoming significant meetings/events
- Representing the CEO and Pinnguaq by welcoming guests and greeting them, in person or on the telephone, answering or directing inquiries, reviews, researching, and routing correspondence, and attending meetings and events, where required
- Drafting letters, documents, and public and social media often in the CEOs voice;
- Preparing reports by collecting and analyzing information
- Attending all C-Suite and Management Team meetings, sometimes on behalf of the CEO and speaking for the CEO as directed
- Takes notes of all meeting attended and maintains a searchable archive of meeting notes and records
- Prepares and circulates all agendas, Minutes and materials – “packages” – for meetings of the Board of Directors
- Obtains all hospitality and logistics for meetings and public relations, as needed;
- Maintains an “enhanced” level of confidentiality
- Occasional administrative support for other C-Suite members as required.
Skills & Abilities
- Proven experience as an executive or administrative assistant
- Experience working in the non-profit sector an asset
- Tech-savvy, with excellent knowledge of MS Office, Google Suite online tools (e.g. Google Drive, Gmail, Google Calendar)
- A strong aptitude or demonstrated experience using online tools (essential for a virtual office environment)
- Working knowledge of Survey Monkey, Mailchimp, and other communications tools desirable
- Proficiency in English; bilingualism in French or Inuktitut an asset
- Demonstrated business writing skills (general correspondence)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a virtual office environment
- High level of customer service and professionalism
- Exemplary tact, discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Resourceful, with the ability to work with minimal information
- Team player
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational, task management and problem-solving skills with impeccable ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-changing environment.
Pinnguaq Association is strongly committed to fostering diversity within the communities we serve. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Pinnguaq Association is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
APPLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org