Report to: Operations Manager
Wage: $25 hourly
Term: Until March 2025
Type: In-Person and Remote within Nunavut
Closing Date: Open until filled
Note: This is a funded position and the selected candidate must be : recently graduated from high school and are pursuing post-secondary education or recently graduated from a post-secondary institution and are legally entitled to work in Canada and the province in which you reside; have a valid SIN number and be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a person who has been granted refugee status in Canada.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about helping small businesses grow their business online.
Training will be provided to successful candidates including: Understanding the Grow your business online grant, Ecommerce solutions, communication, SEO, Social Media Presence, digital marketing, Cyber security
E-commerce advisors will have the opportunity to work with small businesses in Nunavut to assess their needs and values, using the information that you have learned you will advise businesses of what digital strategy will work best to grow their business online by adopting a new e-commerce plan and deploying new digital strategies.
What Does E-Commerce Success Look Like?
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of the Grow Your Business Online program and several different E-commerce solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Create an ecommerce strategy that is tailored to suit the small businesses needs and values
- Completing the training to become an E-commerce advisor
- Meeting with small business owners to assess their needs and values
- Creating individualized E-commerce plans for each small business
- Assisting the small business to execute the E-commerce plan, if required
- Follow-up technical support for businesses as required
- Other duties as assigned
Attributes and Qualifications
Equal consideration will be given to non-academic skills and experiences of candidates.
- Outgoing positive attitude
- Willing to learn the E-commerce training
- Familiarity with google suites
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable learning new technology and digital tools.
- Ability to assess needs and values of a company
- Ability to use critical thinking skills
- Comfortable leading E-commerce training sessions for Nunavut small businesses
Pinnguaq Association is strongly committed to fostering diversity within the communities we serve. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Pinnguaq Association is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
To increase protection for the communities in which we work, we require all staff at Pinnguaq to be fully vaccinated, including a Booster vaccination, along with providing a recent Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
APPLY TO: email@example.com