Job Title: Digital Skills for Youth (DS4Y) Program Lead
Location: Ontario or Nunavut (remote work available)
Closing Date: Until Filled
Reports To: Director of Mentorship and Job Creation
Salary: $52,000/year and benefits (Ontario) or $83,500/year and benefits (Nunavut)
A $500/month housing allowance for Nunavut candidates
The Digital Skills for Youth Program
Digital Skills for Youth (DS4Y) connects underemployed post-secondary graduates with small businesses and not-for-profit organizations where they can gain meaningful work experience to help them transition to career-oriented employment. Delivered through the Department of Finance of the Pinnguaq Association, the program facilitates internships to communities in the territories and in our southern communities.
What Does Success Look Like
- Successful delivery of all of the internship grants to qualified host organizations in the 2021/2022 fiscal year;
- Widespread knowledge of the DS4Y program across the territories and provinces;
- Interns across the territories and the south have meaningful, paid internship opportunities to grow their digital skills knowledge;
- Businesses across the territories and in our southern communities have valuable interns who are developing skills that lead to full time employment;
- Host organizations submit their reporting in a timely fashion and around the requirements of the federal government;
- Pinnguaq is a trusted partner of the federal government for the delivery of employment opportunities in digital skills.
Responsibilities include a wide variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Delivery and management of the Digital Skills For Youth (DS4Y) Program through Pinnguaq and in our communities in the territories and southern Canada;
- Routinely process internship applications and lead the review and evaluation of the program design;
- Maintain existing partnerships and support the growth of the organization’s network of strategic partners;
- Promote the program through both in person (COVID – depending), online and other marketing initiatives to bring qualified interns and host organizations to the DS4Y program;
- Develop marketing strategies and materials in partnership with manager and the Communications division to promote the program;
- Work with interns and host organizations to fill out needed application forms and support signup for the program;
- Follow-up with intern host organizations to prepare final reporting for each intern provided;
- Represent the Pinnguaq Association in public settings to build community, partnerships and foster existing relationships;
- Develop all aspects of reporting to the federal government in concert with partners in the finance department;
- Communicate with and submit government documents to the Ministry of Innovation, Science and Economic Development;
- Write and issue emails to teams and departments on behalf of the DS4Y team;
- Support other broad and diverse range of responsibilities and assignments to support the Pinnguaq Association.
Attributes and Qualifications
Equal consideration will be given to non-academic skills and experiences of candidates.
- Post-secondary degree or non-academic equivalent
- Experience leading a team is an asset
- Familiarity with program management and administrative duties
- Sales experience is considered an asset
- Experience with MS Office and/or Google Suites especially spreadsheet proficiency
- Strong organizational and time management
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience reviewing contracts or agreements is considered an asset
- Detail oriented
Pinnguaq Association is strongly committed to fostering diversity within the communities we serve. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Pinnguaq Association is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com