Job Title: Digital Storyteller
Term: until March 2021 (with possibility of extension)
Location: Lindsay, ON (remote work available)
Reports to: Director of Productions
Starting Salary: $45k
The Productions Department
The Productions Department is responsible for the design, development, and delivery of websites, apps, games, videos, as well as non-digital interfaces. Requirements for productions projects come from both internal staff and projects, as well as externally funded project partnerships.
Production is a key part of the Pinnguaq lifecycle (Education, Resources, Mentorship, Employment, Production, Advocacy). It includes three sections: Design, Development, and Marketing. As part of the Operations Division, Productions also works alongside Education and Delivery, ensuring that the products that we design and develop meet the educational needs of our audiences and can be utilised by our teams in the delivery of those products to communities we work with.
Pinnguaq is introducing a new Social Enterprise Model option to the Productions process. Where possible we work with the audiences of a specific product during the planning and design stages. This introduces an educational component to the development of our products, ensuring that our end audiences are involved in the design and development process, gaining invaluable skills and experience along the way.
What Does Success Look Like For the Productions Team
- The Pinnguaq Association is able to deliver internal and external projects efficiently, in turn building healthy relationships with external partners
- Pinnguaq Association is synonymous with S.T.E.A.M education across rural and remote communities in Canada
- The Association knows and strives towards actions that have the biggest impact for our partner communities
- The Pinnguaq Association and Productions team are developing external partnerships, working to deliver interesting and usable projects, maintaining a series of partnerships that benefit our stakeholders, further our mission and serve our partner communities.
- Delivering Social Enterprise Model projects, ensuring participants are benefiting whilst also ensuring a high quality of product delivery
- Capturing success stories to promote through our digital channels, leading to further partnership projects
- Work closely with the Operations team to coordinate communication initiatives around success storytelling which incorporates our vision, mission, values, and strategic growth priorities
- Coordinate the content delivery schedule ensuring content is delivered on time to be shared through our digital channels
- Writing of blogs and other articles as well as content for newsletters to exhibit and celebrate the success stories based on the work done by Pinnguaq and our audiences
- Assist with the production of video and audio content as required
- Administration of the CMS (Content Management System) inputting and updating content including blogs and stories, learning resources, events, and more
- Ensuring that all digital content adheres to best practices in Search Engine Optimization
- Administration of courseware through our Learning Management System
- Working closely with the Delivery team to take part in the delivery of education and training as well as capturing and documenting those events
- Documenting success story information from the delivery of education and training, including numbers of participants, participant interviews and surveys, and more
- Working closely with the Marketing Officer to ensure that success stories are included in the social and marketing plan
- Contribute to internal communications around success stories to Pinnguaq staff
- Working with the Development team to provide success information and analytics to support funding applications
- Collation and organisation of digital images to be used through our digital channels, ensuring copyrights are cleared and attributions are provided
- Any other related duties as required
Attributes and Qualifications
- College degree in media and content production or a degree or diploma in storytelling or digital storytelling (related experience, education and/or knowledge may be considered as alternate equal qualifications)
- 3+ years of experience in content production or storytelling
- 2+ years in CMS administration
- 2+ years working with SEO standards
- Experience of WordPress
- Experience of digital content production and administration
- Experience in video production and/or photography
- Experience of Search Engine Optimization skills and standards
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload, manage time efficiently, iterate, and work in a team environment
- Strong communication skills and a high attention to detail
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively in a team environment.
Pinnguaq Association is strongly committed to fostering diversity within the communities we serve. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Pinnguaq Association is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
APPLY to firstname.lastname@example.org