Job Title: Digital Skills Educator
Reports to: Iqaluit Makerspace Lead
Location: Iqaluit, Nunavut
Hourly Wage: $28
Be part of the innovative future of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) learning and digital skills training by joining our team. Working alongside rural, remote, Indigenous and other communities, Pinnguaq supports the development of STEAM skills through innovative technology, art, and play.
What does success look like at Pinnguaq?
- Engaging with thousands of young learners and adults across the country through the delivery of community-centred workshops
- Designing and deploying interactive experiences, online learning modules, and maker kits to teach STEAM fundamentals to all ages
- Publishing the nationally-recognized Root & STEM magazine, create a space to explore diverse voices and stories in STEAM
- Operating makerspaces in Nunavut providing hands-on access to tools, equipment, and training for inquisitive minds and makers
As a member of our delivery team, you’ll engage directly with youth and adult learners, helping them understand new concepts, explore possibilities within STEAM, and develop new digital skills.
- Support the planning and delivery of day-to-day program content and activities that are age-appropriate and aligned with the program plan;
- Lead fun and exciting birthday parties on weekends
- Be part of the delivery team and contribute positively to the Iqaluit Makerspace
- Ensure a group of assigned learners is supervised and safe;
- Ensure that all equipment and supplies are in safe working condition before and after each day of camp;
- Clean and disinfect facility and equipment per COVID-19 safety measures and guidelines;
- Implement program logistics working closely with the Delivery Team;
- Utilize appropriate behavior management techniques;
- Foster an environment wherein participants have the best camp experience and are challenged in a positive, growth-minded manner;
- Represent the Pinnguaq Association in a respectful and sensitive manner;
- Where possible, provide feedback for program improvement or expansion, and in the procurement of relevant tools and technologies;
- Other duties as assigned.
Attributes and Qualifications
Equal consideration will be given to non-academic skills and experiences of candidates.
- Outgoing positive attitude
- Willing to learn the programs we offer at the Iqaluit Makerspace
- Experience working with children or willingness to work with children and adults
- Experience with media and technology, and basic coding concepts is an asset.
- Comfortable learning new technology and digital tools.
- Passion for leading educational workshops.
- Work as a collaborative and flexible team player, capable of working in a dynamic team environment.
- Experienced in collaborative community engagement
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and remotely.
- A Vulnerable Sector Search (VSS) will be a condition of the employment offer.
Pinnguaq Association is strongly committed to fostering diversity within the communities we serve. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities, persons’ with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Pinnguaq Association is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
APPLY TO: email@example.com