Term: Until March 2021 (with possibility of extension)
Location: Lindsay, ON
Salary: $38,000/year; benefits
Reports to: Manager – Computers for Success Nunavut
Closing Date: Posted until filled
Note: This is a funded position and the selected candidate must be between the ages of 15-30 (inclusive) at the start of the internship; be legally entitled to work in Canada; and be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a person who has been granted refugee status in Canada.
CFS: Computers for Success Nunavut is a program that works to solicit donations of computer hardware, refurbish computer systems, and distribute technology to users throughout Nunavut. CFSN is headquartered in Iqaluit NU, but relies on the shipment of laptops from Pinnguaq’s office in Lindsay, ON. We are seeking a team member who would work under the supervision of the head office in Iqaluit and undertake duties of managing inventory in Lindsay, assisting in refurbishment operations, and shipping hardware to Nunavut.
What Success Looks Like
- Computer hardware located in Lindsay, ON is appraised, inventoried, refurbished and shipped to Nunavut communities in need
- Computers stocked in Lindsay ON are inspected for quality and prepared for distribution with fresh operating systems and software installed
- In collaboration with Manager – Computers for Success Nunavut, refurbishment processes, best practices and documentation are honed and implemented
- Installing and configuring computer hardware and software
- Troubleshooting and repairing hardware and software issues
- Carrying out physical repair of hardware where necessary
- Organizing and tracking inventory of hardware
- Receiving/reviewing device shipping request forms
- Prioritizing requests, organizing groups of devices
- Preparing devices for shipment/delivery (organizing, boxing, labelling, shipping/delivering as appropriate)
Qualifications & Attributes
Equal consideration will be given to non-academic skills and experiences of candidates.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant field an asset
- Strong knowledge of computer systems and computer hardware
- Familiarity with the Windows operating systems. Knowledge of OSX, iOS, Linux and Android a plus
- Diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be self-motivated and take initiative
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Professionalism in working with secure and private information
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with remote supervision
Pinnguaq Association is strongly committed to fostering diversity within the communities we serve. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Pinnguaq Association is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
APPLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org