Term: Until March 2021 (with possibility of extension); Full-time
Location: Flexible. (Remote location or Lindsay, Ontario)
Starting Salary: $45,000/year; benefits
Reports To: Director of Education
Closing date: Friday, October 23, 2020
Pinnguaq Association, a not-for-profit organization, develops and leads STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math) camps, workshops and learning resources. At its core, Pinnguaq embraces diversity and creates opportunities in order to empower all people through the use of digital technology tools.
Pinnguaq Association seeks an Associate Digital Content Producer who is a self-starter who knows how to tell a story. Please visit Pinnguaq’s learning space to review our educational content and social media platforms.
What Does Success Look Like
- Work collaboratively across teams to capture and edit video and audio content for a variety of projects, including marketing, podcasting and video tutorial eLearning content
- Has the confidence and experience to oversee all the hands-on production requirements of small media projects (YouTube tutorial videos, social media teasers, podcasts)
- Record, edit and package educational videos for YouTube tutorials
- Record, edit and package digital media content connected to Pinnguaq podcasts.
- Work collaboratively with our Production, Marketing and Education departments to ensure the final product meets our project/branding guidelines
- Create a final file ready for digital social or streaming platforms.
Equal consideration will be given to non-academic skills and experiences of candidates.
- Diploma or certificate in media production (or equivalent qualification)
- 2 years of video/audio editing experience.
- Confidence in leading projects independently or working across teams
- Able to meet deadlines
- Interest in developing digital media for STEAM educational content for children and youth
Skills & Abilities
- Google Suites (or willing to learn).
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, with proficiency in Adobe Premiere
- Knowledge or willingness to learn Audio video production software such as Audacity, Reaper or Open Broadcast Software (such as OPenShot or DaVinci Resolve).
- Interest in exploring digital media software in order to produce media-rich content that supports educational lessons.
Pinnguaq Association is strongly committed to fostering diversity within the communities we serve. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities, persons’ with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Pinnguaq Association is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
Must be able to provide a Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable sector screening.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your resume, cover letter and sample work.