Job Title: Adult Digital Skills Educator
Reports to: Sr. Manager Nunavut Operations
Term: March 2023 with possible extension
Closing Date: Open until filled
Be part of the innovative future of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) learning and digital skills training by joining our team. Working alongside rural, remote, Indigenous and other communities, Pinnguaq supports the development of STEAM skills through innovative technology, art, and play.
What does success look like at Pinnguaq?
- Engaging with thousands of young learners and adults across the country through the delivery of community-centred workshops
- Designing and deploying interactive experiences, online learning modules, and maker kits to teach STEAM fundamentals to all ages
- Publishing the nationally-recognized Root & STEM magazine, create a space to explore diverse voices and stories in STEAM
- Operating makerspaces in Nunavut & Ontario providing hands-on access to tools, equipment, and training for inquisitive minds and makers
As a member of our delivery team, you’ll engage directly with youth and adult learners, helping them understand new concepts, explore possibilities within STEAM, and develop new digital skills.
- Manage the daily operational requirements of the learning space while traveling.
- General administrative duties, including replying to emails and attending regular sync-up meetings.
- Work with the Senior Manager of Nunavut Operations in the preparation and management of the adult programming and budgets.
- Assume overall responsibility for the effective operation of all adult programs and services.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work as part of a team and at a distance.
- Address client complaints in a prompt and diligent manner if required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Lead and assist with research, planning, and teaching of Pinnguaq adult programming.
- Maintain a positive safe space for participants.
- Provide mentorship through the sharing of knowledge, digital expertise, technological proficiency, and creativity with participants.
- Ensure programs and services are client-centered and in alignment with our mission and values.
- Develop, implement and continually refine evaluation tools and methods to measure client outcomes and the effectiveness of Pinnguaq programs.
Strategic Development Responsibilities
- Maintain current knowledge of trends, initiatives, and best practices of adult education. Assess trends, initiatives, and best practices and support their integration in the Pinnguaq’s programs as appropriate.
- Support outreach in collaborating with local stakeholders to produce community-based programming and encourage participants in attending programming.
- Participate in learning opportunities to use modern technology and teaching practices.
- Network with local community initiatives to exchange information, through public speaking, providing in-service training, and attending conferences and symposiums.
Attributes and Qualifications
Equal consideration will be given to the non-academic skills and experiences of candidates.
- Post-secondary degree or non-academic equivalent, preferably in the field of Education and/or Technology
- Experience working with adults
- Work experience in STEAM (delivering programs, writing programs);
- Experience strategically developing, maintaining, and enhancing stakeholder relationships;
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects, deadlines, and priorities;
- Fluency in Inuktitut preferred, but not required;
- Ability to travel up to 2 weeks per month
- Able to provide a Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Pinnguaq Association is strongly committed to fostering diversity within the communities we serve. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities, persons’ with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Pinnguaq Association is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.uired at any point in the recruitment process.
To increase protection for the communities in which we work, we require all staff at Pinnguaq to be fully vaccinated, including a Booster vaccination, along with providing a recent Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
APPLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org